Payroll & Tax Specialist
Coral Gables, FL
This is a hybrid work environment where you will work out of the office located in Coral Gables, FL 3 days per week and from home 2 days per week!
Do you love engaging with people and being part of a team that makes a difference? If you answered YES, then T-ROC, is the place for you to jump-start your career!
The Payroll & Tax Specialist is responsible for managing nationwide payroll processing for The Retail Outsource Companies and all affiliate companies including, Symbits, Acquisoft d/b/a Mobile Insight, Mobile Store Operators, Mobile Store Operators, P.R., Integrated Retail Services, and Let’s Talk Mobile. The position requires a solid understanding of payroll principles, practices, laws, and standards. Serving as the subject matter expert, the position will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all payrolls, tax management, researching issues and maintaining appropriate state specific wage and hour compliance and servicing employee inquiries and needs with world class service.
.Here are the details:
- Maintains payroll information, directing the collection, calculation and entering of data.
- Manages all methods of communication systems in place for employees to reach Payroll, (Payroll Inbox, NetSuite Inbox, TROC Communications, etc.)
- Liaison between Payroll vendors and employees to assist in resolution of escalations.
- Updates and/or audits payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, and department/division transfers. Audits incentive bonus uploads on incentive/commission payroll runs.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Responsible for WISELY Pay Card Activations and encourages participation in its use to minimize and/or eliminate live paper checks.
- Setting up local/city tax on an employee and employer level and act as a liaison between government agencies, ADP & TROC.
- Ensure all Payroll Occupational Tax Returns on a city/employer level are filed by payroll vendor ADP in a timely manner.
What you need to Roc the role:
- 2+ years of experience working with Local / City Tax Accounts.
- Must have multi state/jurisdiction payroll processing experience and experience working at an employer with at least 1000+ EEs / high volume background and comfortable working independently.
- ADP/WFN experience preferred
- Intermediate level with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Salary Range: USD $45,000.00/Yr.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Special Accommodations
T-ROC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or genetic information. As part of this commitment T-ROC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email [email protected] describing the accommodation.
Notice of E-Verify Participation
T-ROC participates in E-Verify. To learn more use this link E-Verify
Join our career network!
Not ready to apply to an open position or didn’t find something that fit? Subscribe to our career network.